Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let the Farm Begin!

In honor of the beginning of the 'spring' season here in Texas I begin a blog to detail the farm work I am partaking in. An avid lover of all things earthy and edible, I find joy in bringing these experiences to those more city bound than I. I am currently fortunate enough to be living in the country just south of San Antonio, Texas - a place of my childhood and much of my family. Previously I have been sticking my hands in the dirt of Montana territory - a place where spring is currently just a far-off imagination. I am working at the Tasajillo Ranch, my parents dream place, finally manifested after many years of traveling and hard work. My opportunities are a gift from them, and for the duration of this blog during my time in Texas I dedicate these entries to them.

To give you some background about me, I am a painter, a yoga teacher and a spirit always trying to find the middle path. I left Montana and a stressful office job in violence prevention to find the quiet of the countryside and a closer relationship with the land. I have had an interest in farming for many years now, which I owe in part to my dirt-loving partner of six years. While in Montana we turned a college-pad into a co-operative urban farm house with a garden, chickens and back-to-roots experiments galore.
Afternoon Light around the Fire Pit, Tasajillo Ranch
I hope this blog to be an opportunity to detail our current projects, my food creations and preservations and the knowledge I've gained to date.

2 comments:

  1. ♥ hey stoney! This is awesome! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful place Stoney! Looking forward to reading more.

    Cheers,
    Dan D in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete